Some days you wouldn't believe the lengths I will go to in avoidance of THE CHAIR. You must be asking yourself what's wrong with it? Is it hard, uncomfortable in the most unmentionable way? Or is it hooked to a brain sucking machine that has me fearing for my life? No, but it has the power to distract me more than any other piece of equipment in my office.
On cerain days, if you peaked in, you may see me:
- twirling from side to side
- Hanging upside down as it flies across the room
- Rocking irradically as if I was in some freaky horror film
- Raising it to its highest level and dropping in it as if it belonged on a roller coaster
And this is why I hate it, hate to love it, that is! Here's my reasons:
- It's ever so plush.
- It's versatility is amazing. Like I was saying, it can even be a roller coaster.
- It drives me to distraction. I need to write but it won't let me. It spends its nights conceiving ways to keep me from putting my imagination to good use on the computer as I play with it.
- The chair doesn't care about my family the way I do. It knows that once I get in it, it's all over. They aren't seeing me for at least four hours.
- And finally, it needs me when I don't feel needed by anyone else.